With two million travellers forecasted to go through Dubai International Airport this summer, Emirates Leisure Retail (ELR) and Maritime & Mercantile International (MMI) is encouraging travellers to arrive early for a relaxed travel experience and to ensure the time to visit their brand new venues including giraffe, The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck, The Draft House, Pret A Manger, The Noodle House and Le Clos.
Dubai, UAE, July 12, 2016: This summer ELR and MMI are welcoming guests to their seven exceptional dining and retail outlets at Dubai International airport’s new Concourse D at Terminal 1 and giving them the chance to win AED10,000 of travel vouchers.
With summer holidays and Eid celebrations about to begin, Dubai Airports has estimated that almost 2 million travellers are forecasted to use Dubai International airport over the early July weekends. Passengers are set to fly out on summer getaways as the start of school holidays coincides with Eid Al Fitr.
To mark the newly opened Concourse D and the start of summer, ELR and MMI will be celebrating along with their customers by providing them a chance to win with their ‘Dine and Fly’ promotion that is scheduled to run throughout the month of July. Any travellers spending just AED50 in Pret A Manger or Costa Coffee and AED100 in The Draft House, The Noodle House, giraffe, The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck or Le Clos will enter the draw to win AED10,000 of dnata travel vouchers.
ELR and MMI’s outlets cater to every type of international traveller, ensuring flexibility, convenience and variety. Passengers can also benefit from additional amenities including complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi in every outlet, as well as grab-and-go and take away options. Three outlets have also made their first appearance in the UAE at Concourse D.
- Pret A Manger, the UK’s iconic sandwich and coffee brand - serves organic coffee and natural food, freshly prepared on-site each day.
- The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck, another first for the region, serves the celebrity chef’s most popular dishes in a contemporary, casual setting, offering travellers a grab-and-go deli counter as well as seated dining.
The Draft House is a first-of-its kind sports bar created by ELR. The US, vintage-inspired, collegiate theme also takes cues from a strong Irish heritage, and showcases signed memorabilia from some of sporting history’s most iconic sporting heroes. Boasting a stunning view of the runway, along with multiple television screens that ensure 24/7 sporting coverage from across the globe to keep guests entertained.
ELR has also expanded its existing options of already successful dining concepts, bringing an enhanced offering to Concourse D.
- Family-friendly UK restaurant, giraffe is also offering diners in a hurry the chance to choose from its first ever caravan ‘grab-and-go’ concept.
- The Noodle House, in partnership with Jumeirah Restaurant Group, has opened its first airport location, which is also the brand’s first 24-hour location in the world.
- Costa Coffee, one of the largest coffee shop chains from the UK and a UAE favourite, celebrated the opening of its 21st outlet at Dubai International with a bespoke store design. MMI, which this year celebrates its 100th year, also has expanded its milestone with the opening of its sixth Le Clos, the award-winning fine wine and luxury spirits retailer. The globally recognised retailer will continue to deliver outstanding experiences such as complimentary bottle engraving, in-store tastings and a concierge delivery service, highlight Le Clos’ dedication to providing a world class shopping experience for its customers.